We believe the pre-K through eighth grade model is important because:
- Students do better academically. Many studies show that students obtain higher achievement levels in pre-K–8 schools than in separate middle schools.
- Our middle schoolers aren’t in the middle. As the leaders of the school, they know our younger students are looking up to them—and they rise to the occasion.
- Our younger students have inspiring role models. Our Prayer Partner program pairs each younger student with an older student for activities throughout the year, developing strong friendships.
- There are fewer discipline problems. Research shows that children in pre-K–8 schools have fewer behavior problems, higher self-esteem and better attendance than those in separate schools.
- Making a major transition to high school prepares students for the later transition to college. They build resiliency as they move out of their comfort zone and adapt to a new environment.
- Children grow up with positive influences. In contrast to a pre-K–12 school, students are less exposed to mature topics and inappropriate language.